Thursday, 7 January 2010

Alinco cable

I was going try and rewire the plug on my vx-7 programming cable so it
would work with the alinco but the plug was moulded on, with only a 2
core cable. I've got another 4 pole minijack plug but the plug body
needs filing down to fit the alinco.

tested the red 'longwire balun' i'd been using for my 12m vertical. I
put 2 resistors in series between the wire terminal and the outside of
the coax socket. These added up to about 490 ohms. Then i used my
antenna analyser to measure the input impedance. At 10mhz it was
showing 36ohms no reactance, so an impedance transform of around 14:1.


I've gone and ordered one of the Alinco microphone adaptors now to convert a 2.5mm and 3.5mm jack to the 4-pole jack.

1 comment:

dave livsey said...

Hi Simon, I have put a link to your blog from g1ccl.com.
I hope this is ok with you.
kind regards
Dave
G1CCL