Sunday, 28 March 2010

wPrime

I'm using my old PC (I built it in April 2006 and used as main PC until October 2008) for now until I get some new parts for the other one. I ran wPrime 2.0 on this one (AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2GHz) and got an average time of 77.314 seconds for the 32M test. That was in Vista Home Basic.
This PC has a real serial port on baord, something it's hard to find on a motherboard these days.
The case is not the original - when I built a new PC in October 2008, I kept the old case for the new motherboard because it was a good case (Lian-Li PC-7). This black case was very cheap. There's a 550w Colors-IT PSU in there, from the old system.

My laptop, a Philips Freevents 11NB5800 got an average of 71.2 seconds in wPrime for a 32M test, so slightly faster than the desktop. That has a 1.2 GHz Intel Core Duo processor so slightly faster than a single core 2 GHz.

No comments: