Saturday, 20 April 2013

Grassgarth Heights

Had a walk up to Grassgarth Heights this afternoon. Took a 19 element 23cms yagi and a 10m half wave vertical made on a fishing pole.
Got 2 QSOs on 1297 MHz FM with G7RNX (Dalton in Furness) and MW1FGQ.
Didn't make any contacts on 10 metres but it seemed to work OK. I could hear some distant CB activity on the UK FM band, could have been Manchester. All that would have been buried in the noise at home.
I doubt anyone would be monitoring 29.600 or 51.510 FM fron home except when propagation was very good.
Grassgarth Heights is a HuMP summit with the reference G/HLD-020 and although I didn't feel like climbing the wall to get to the top, I think I was still within 25 metres.

Tried a new route this time, going from the south of the hill on the footpath that starts at SD358820








No comments: