Friday, 9 June 2017

Huawei Mate 9

Got my new phone last Thursday, a Huawei Mate 9

Side by side with the old Galaxy Note 4. No physical buttons on the front and 0.2" more screen squeezed in.

 The phone came with a case, but I'd already ordered one.

USB-C cable, the first USB-C thing I've ever had, and a Micro USB to USB-C adaptor.
I think the RF performance of the phone is better than the Samsung, it does seem to hold a 3G/4G signal through areas where it would completely drop out before, and maybe 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is also better.
It can also show the channel number of the cell in use and some neighbouring cells, the Samsung never did this (but earlier Galaxy Notes did).
There is space for 2 SIM cards (or one SIM and one Micro SD card) but on the version I got from Three UK the 2nd SIM isn't recognised.

No comments: